Advanced Training Programme
Bronagh Starrs is Programme Director of the Advanced Post-Qualifying Diploma in Gestalt Adolescent Psychotherapy offered in Dublin Counselling and Therapy Centre.
The aim of this two-year in-depth training programme is to understand and appreciate the complexity of adolescent process and to support counsellors/therapists in developing deeper levels of competency in their work with adolescents who are experiencing psychological and developmental difficulties. The training will address adolescent development and psychotherapy from a Gestalt Relational perspective, understanding adolescent development as creative adjustment in context, tracking the interactive evolution of the adolescent’s contact repertoire and the relational field of which the adolescent is a part. Themes for the training will include:
- The nature of adolescent development, including transformation of the adolescent’s relationship with him/herself, the social world & parents.
- Understanding clinical symptoms as developmental field phenomena.
- Utilising a field approach for designing clinical interventions
- The critical role of shame in the clinical situation
- The pragmatics of engaging the adolescent and parents in therapy
This Advanced Post-Qualifying Diploma is open to practitioners who have successfully completed a core psychotherapy/psychology training course (in either adult-oriented or child-oriented psychotherapy) and who are accredited (or working towards accreditation) with an accrediting body such as IAHIP, IACP, BACP, PSI or equivalent.
For full details of the training programme please email email@example.com